Tips For Pool Owners
Did you know that pools and surrounding decks use less than half the water than an irrigated lawn? But that doesn’t mean we can’t do more!Here are a few tips to keep your pool a water saver this summer.
Here are some tips to help you keep your pool water wise this summer:
- Install a pool cover to reduce water evaporation by as much as 90%.
- Shut off waterfalls, fountains, and other water features to reduce water loss and evaporation.
- Check the pool for leaks. Contact your pool service professional for guidance.
- Minimize splashing or lower the pool’s water level to reduce “splashout.”
- Plug the overflow line when the pool is in use.
- Replace sand and DE filters with cartridge filters that do not require backwashing.
- Keep your pool clean to reduce frequency of backwashing.
- If your pool is heated, reduce the water temperature to reduce evaporation.